Piano Moving Cost in Toronto
Moving a piano requires special skills and pieces of equipment as well as careful movement. It is nothing like moving a regular belonging. This is to prevent the item from any damage as it is very delicate. Therefore, it is vital to hire professional piano movers to deliver the service. The cost of movement is very crucial. The cost of moving a piano in Toronto may be a little high. This article will look into piano moving costs in Toronto.
How Much Does It Cost to Move a Piano?
Moving items may be expensive, but the piano moving cost in Toronto is just a fraction of the expense. On average, it costs CAD 535 to hire movers. Moving a piano costs more than that.
The total cost of moving a piano ranges between 200 and 6,700 Canadian dollars. Full-service moving is dependent on many factors. A mover will consider these factors to come up with a price. A moving company may charge using hourly or flat rates.
- Hourly rates. The average moving charge per hour is about CAD 90. This price is dependent on location. Moving a piano in GTA is likely to cost more than in other areas. This high cost is because of long-distance. Location is not the only factor affecting the transport of a piano. Individual and team costs, among others, are also vital factors.
- Flat-rate charges. Some companies use flat rates for their pricing. It is the pricing used by the majority of the movers. You can estimate the cost of your relocation with certainty if you choose a flat-rate charge, so you pay fixed price with agreed terms prior.
Factors That Affect the Cost of Moving a Piano
There are many factors affecting the cost of piano moving in Toronto. Movers consider these factors when estimating the price. These factors include:
The cost of moving a piano is proportional to the distance to be covered. This means that local moving will be less expensive than cross-border moving. The local movement of a piano may cost between CAD 1.60 and CAD 2.00 per mile.
Typically, a cross-country trip costs anything from CAD 2.70 to CAD 13 per mile. This might total anything from 600 to 2,700 Canadian dollars. Frequent flat rates for international and foreign relocation range from CAD 2,700 to CAD 6,700. These prices may change if the movement involves shipping.
Seasonal pricing effect has a place. November to April is the piano moving season, while summer is cheaper to move a piano because it’s not the moving season. Pianos can be combined with household goods loads to make the delivery price lower.
The Size and Type of the Piano
Pianos are in different sizes and make. These are vital factors movers put into consideration. This is to inform their method of movement and equipment to use. Big pianos require more space, effort, and equipment.
- Cost of moving an upright piano. A standard upright piano has a length of 3 to 9 feet and a minimum height of 3 feet. About 300 and 600 pounds make up its weight. It typically costs between 200 and 1,300 Canadian dollars to move this item. Long-distance transport is more expensive than moving locally.
- Cost of moving a grand piano. Moving a grand piano is more expensive than an upright piano. The height of different grand piano models may range from 4.5 to 7.5 feet. They are between five and ten feet long and are 600 to 1,200 pounds in weight.
Grand piano local moves might cost anything from 270 to 2,000 Canadian dollars. Long-distance rates may be as high as CAD 6,700 or even more.
Extra Moving Costs
Paying movers is not the only spending you will do. Other activities may incur extra costs. These activities may include packing, getting a truck, loading, and many others. This post will highlight some of those costs.
- Lifting or hoisting services. Not every piano can be moved out through the door of a house like a condo. Some large pianos may have to be lifted with a crane. The crane takes out the item via the apartment window. This activity attracts extra charges.
- Complexity of the job. The price to move a piano in the GTA area from main floor to main floor, including 4 stairs, is about $450. Every additional stair costs $10 each, so the more steps involved, the higher the price. Additional stairs require more manpower, which increases the cost.
- Additional packing. Pianos are delicate and require careful handling. Sometimes, they have to be dismantled and put in a pack. This dismantling attracts more charges.
- Additional insurance requirements. Movers make sure that your piano is insured. This insurance is usually up to 6,780 CAD. You will have to pay more for more insurance options.
- Moving more items. You may want to move other items with your piano. They may be household items or anything. You will have to pay more for this.
- Storage costs. If you need secure storage for your piano, you will pay more. It may cost you more than CAD 60 monthly.
Cost Estimate for Moving a Piano
You may use this formula below to estimate the cost of moving a piano;
High Stream Moving Prices For Piano Moving
|Piano Type||Cost||Number of Movers|
|Spinet, appartment size, small/regular upright piano||390$||2 piano movers main floor (4 stairs included)|
|Heavy upright, baby grand pianos||450$||2 piano movers main floor (3 stairs included)|
|Semi-concert grand, 8 ft grand pianos||550$-700$||2 piano movers main floor (3 stairs included)|
Why It Is a Bad Idea to Move a Piano by Yourself?
Attempting to move a piano on your own may seem like a cost-saving solution, but it can actually be quite risky and may result in significant damage to the instrument, your property, and even yourself. Professional piano movers have the necessary training, equipment, and experience to handle the complexities of moving a piano safely and efficiently.
As professional movers from Toronto, we can assure you that moving an apartment piano size or Spinet can be accomplished by an average mesomorph healthy person, from main to main floor, as long as extra care is taken and the correct technique is utilized. However, when it comes to moving a grand piano, it needs to be disassembled and placed on its side before it can be moved.
It’s important to note that upright pianos or grand types can vary greatly in weight, with some weighing 600lb or more. This means that they require 3+ piano movers to move safely and efficiently. It’s always recommended to hire professional piano movers for any piano move, no matter the size or weight, to ensure that the instrument is moved with the utmost care and expertise.
High Stream Moving For Piano Moving in Toronto
Professional piano movers from High Stream Moving are familiar with all challenges and have the expertise, equipment, and experience to ensure a safe and efficient move, even in the most challenging environments. By hiring us a professional piano moving company, you can avoid the risks and hassles of moving a piano on your own and enjoy peace of mind knowing that your valuable instrument is in good hands.
You can be confident that the staff at High Stream Moving will support you every step of the way and ensure that your next move is a complete delight. Call us at (800) 430-1537 to get a free estimate!